Dry cleaner catches fire in Aberdeen overnight
The system worked exactly the way it was supposed to Wednesday night, and an Aberdeen business was saved from a potentially destructive fire in the process.
It all began around 11:30 PM on Wednesday night when Aberdeen Fire & Rescue along with the Pinehurst Fire Department were dispatched to a reported fire alarm at the American Dry Cleaners located at 1902 North Poplar Street.
The first arriving fire unit reported heavy smoke inside of the building and additional fire units were dispatched for a full commercial alarm.
Firefighters immediately determined that the fire was coming from a large commercial size clothes dryer inside of the dry cleaners building. The fire was quickly brought under control, with smoldering towels brought outside into the parking lot to be extinguished.
According to Aberdeen Fire Chief Phillip Richardson damage from the actual fire was limited to the one dryer unit and some towel like material. The interior of the building, and clothes being stored there possibly received some damage from the heavy smoke that had filled the building.
Dispatched to tonight’s emergency call were units with Aberdeen Fire & Rescue, Southern Pines Fire & Rescue, Pinehurst Fire Department, the Mobile Air Truck out of the Seven Lakes Fire Department, Moore County EMS, and the Aberdeen Police Department.story courtesy of AberdeenTimes.com