09
Feb 12

Emergency responders called to O’Neal School

Emergency responders were called to The O’Neal School on Airport Road Wednesday afternoon just before 1:00 PM to reports of a hazardous materials incident.

A large mercury filled thermometer broke inside a student’s locker, reportedly leaking approximately one ounce of the toxic material down into the locker below as well. The staff at the school immediately secured the hall area where the locker was located, keeping students and staff away from the toxic substance, as a call was made to 911.

Firefighters quickly arrived on the scene and verified that no one had been exposed to the spilled substance, as well as that the scene was secure and safe.

Dispatched to the emergency call for help were units from Southern Pines Fire & Rescue and the Moore County Public Safety Office


story courtesy of AberdeenTimes.com



Share
Upcoming Community Eventscalandar_line
Southern Pines Parade of Trees
December 20, 2014 (All Day)
Southern Pines Parade of Trees
December 21, 2014 (All Day)
Southern Pines Parade of Trees
December 22, 2014 (All Day)
View our entire Community Calendar
listenlive_greybar
C Cups Cupcakery - Gourmet Cupcakes and More
rowlandandyauger_145 edible_banner
Sedgewick Homes - See their Design Center in Pinebluff



Classic Sun Control - They stick it where the sun shines